Summer Vacation for the Whole Family
School’s out and now its time to plan that summer vacation the kids can’t wait to share with their classmates after their break! Plan the trip of a lifetime and experience a vacation full of the most memorable moments that the whole family will cherish.
Here are a few great tips to help you enjoy the planning process of the family vacation:
Get your kids involved in the planning process and allow them to help discover what will keep their interest during your travel. Having the kids’ involvement will help get them looking forward to their favorite activities. Let your teenagers do some research about the areas they want to visit and the things they want to see while they’re there.
Where to Go
Plan for classic family vacation destinations with a Guatemalan twist. You can’t go wrong with beach getaways, mountain treks, or refreshing natural attractions.
· Beach Getaways – There are plenty of activities for the kids on Guatemala’s Pacific Coast in Monterrico. Surf lessons, mangrove tours, and the daily turtle releases are always fun and educational.
· Hike an Active Volcano – Either by foot or by horse, the kids will love Pacaya Volcano. How often do you get to hike an active volcano? This tour is a great activity for the whole family.
· Splash into a Spring or Hidden Lakes – Whether you’re into relaxing or whitewater rafting, the kids are sure to enjoy one of Guatemala’s natural attractions.
What to Do
Guatemala has plenty of activities to keep the whole family’s interest. Whether the family likes action and adventure, educational workshops, or discovering past civilizations, there’s something for everyone.
· Adventure – Jungle zip lines, white water rafting, off shore fishing, waterfall rappelling, volcano treks, need I say more?
· Workshops – From the country’s famous jade, to the origins of chocolate, traditional cooking classes, and the best coffee let the kids have some fun while they learn about Guatemala’s specialties.
· Experience Culture – Guatemala has the highest population of Mayan inhabitants and a wealth of culture. Let the kids experience a traditional meal with a Mayan family, visit one of the many sites of Mayan ruins filled with history and stories of the past, or take a weaving workshop and discover how the Mayans create their amazing textiles.
With all of these amazing destinations and activities for the family, there are several options where kids have a discounted rate and some options are kids-tour-free, including our Authentic Chicken Bus Tour. Be sure to ask about your child’s special rate when booking your tour.